Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Choose QualityTermLife?
- There are many life insurance quoting and brokerage firms out there, but none of them offer the same level of service that QualityTermLife provides. Some of the many reasons why our customers choose the Quality advantage:
- No sales pressure. No upselling. No hassle. Simply offering the best deal at the lowest price.
- As the Internet's most trusted source for instant, online quotes, we only contact you after you decide to apply.
- Extraordinary, personalized customer service from fully licensed Insurance professionals.
- We are at your service during the application process and for the entire life of the policy.
- We provide free, instant quotes without requiring you to submit you contact information (i.e. name, email, phone) before we will show you quotes.
- We do not offer quotes in return for your information so that we can sell leads to agents or insurance providers.
- We only represent A-rated companies.
- We complete your application with a single phone call whenever possible and use electronic signatureto cut down on snail-mailing.
- Who is QualityTermLife?
QualityTermLife is America's favorite insurance website for comparing quotes and buying insurance policies from the nation's top insurance companies.
We have been selling insurance products since 1991, helping consumers to find the best products at the best prices for their needs.
- What companies does QualityTermLife quote?
- We are a multi-line brokerage, quoting only the top companies (A-rated, according to A.M.Best). We don't compromise on quality by offering rock-bottom prices from questionable insurers. For over 20 years, we have been offering the best prices available on term life insurance from only the top insurance companies.
About Term Life Insurance
- What Is Term Life Insurance?
- Love and protection. In the event of your death, life insurance can provide your family with funds needed to cover expenses and live the kind of life you had always wanted for them.
- It’s a great deal. Today, term life insurance can be purchased at remarkably reasonable rates. Men and women in excellent health in their 30s and 40s can buy at least $100,000 of coverage for less than a dollar a day.
- It’s win-win. If you die, your beneficiaries get the money (in most cases, tax-free). If you don’t, you live with confidence. Knowing that the future is taken care of, gives you the freedom to do other things with your money and investments. Read more...
- Is now a good time to buy life insurance?
There's never been a better time. Rates are at an all time low. Why? Because people are living longer, the risk to insurers is much lower; so the rates are too.
The Internet has also had a major impact on life insurance rates. It has allowed consumers to shop for rates, forcing life insurance carriers to offer competitive pricing.
- Should I get coverage for my spouse / life partner?
Yes. Obviously, if the partner is contributing as an important income-earner, life insurance will be able to replace the missing income. But it is also important to consider insuring a spouse who isn't bringing home a salary.
Losing a stay-at-home partner can result in substantial child-care costs, time off work for the recently single parent, or just the cost of final expenses.
Commonly, a non-working spouse will be insured at around 50 percent of the primary wage-earner's coverage amount.
About Online Quotes
- What are the advantages of getting life insurance quotes online?
- When you compare life insurance prices online there are many benefits, including:
- No waiting! You can compare insurance rates and policies right now. When you get your life insurance quotes online, you can do it, quickly and easily, in the comfort of your home or office.
- Select from a wide variety of top life insurance companies. When you compare life insurance quotes online, you can view policies from the top life insurance companies in the country and decide which one can offer you the best rate. An quoting service, like the one that QualityTermLife provides, never limits you to seeing the rates from just one company.
- Instant policy comparison. Find the life insurance policy that fits your situation, for free. Then see how it compares with policies from other insurance providers.
- What about just speaking directly to a licensed agent?
Many people prefer to speak to someone, especially about a decision like life insurance that requires careful consideration. If you have questions or concerns, a friendly and knowledgeable Quality life insurance advisor is just a phone call away. We can answer your questions and help you select the best, most affordable policy for your situation. This can be especially useful if you have health issues or your needs are complicated.
All advisors at QualityTermLife are fully licensed insurance agents.
- How can I know if I am being shown the best rates?
You can find out if you’re getting the best rates when you compare them here at QualityTermLife.com. Our life insurance search engine will find you the lowest rate on a policy that is customized to the information you provide about your age, state, health, and desired coverage amount.
We are licensed as an independent, multi-line broker, which means we are not beholden to selling you the products of only one company. We always look after your best interests first and foremost. And that includes the bottom line!
- Are the rates shown in my quote results guaranteed?
Quotes are simply that, quotes. The rates shown are provided by the insurance companies and updated bi-monthly. However, there are times when your actual rate from the insurer may not be the same as the quote, including:
- Inaccurate information entered into the search engine.
- You may be assigned to a different health class after the insurer reviews your health history and lifestyle risks.
- Rates may have changed between the time you were quoted and the time you sent in your application (rare).
In the case of any of these events, QualityTermLife will go to work for you to find the most favorable rate available. And remember, you always have a 10-30 day money-back guarantee on any policy.
Choosing A Quote
- How much life insurance should I have?
To get started use the life insurance needs calculator on our home page to get an accurate estimate of how much life insurance you may need.
Items to consider include: income that would need to be replaced amount of your annual salary, paying-off debts, and covering current and future financial obligations such as the mortgage, college tuition, etc. And then there are your final expenses.
- How long do I need protection (term)?
In determining length of coverage, the main consideration is how long you expect your beneficiaries to be dependent upon the income you bring home.
If your spouse is your only beneficiary, you'll probably want stay covered until you plan to retire. On the otherhand, if you have young children, you'll probably want to protect them until they're 18-20, or when they finish college.
For mortgage or outstanding debt coverage, select a policy that will be in place for at least the length of the loan.
- How do I select the right company?
With over one hundred top companies, it could seem like an overwhelming choice to determine how financially strong, reliable, and competivene a company is.
But we've done a lot that work for you. You can rest assured that the every insurance product offered on our site is from a top-rated company which is financially stable, offers competitive pricing, and has an excellent claims-paying record.
Health Factors and the Cost of Insurance
- What is Health Class and how is it determined?
Life insurance health classes are categories that categorize insurance consumers according to health and lifestyle factors. Besides age, the health class you are place into will affect your rate the most. You will see in your quote results that the premiums shown will be higher or lower depending on the health risk factors you provide.The most common rate classes and definitions are:
- Excellent Health (Preferred Plus). In order to qualify for preferred plus rates you cannot use any tobacco and you be in excellent health, with no history of drug or alcohol abuse. Additionally, you must not be engaged in high-risk activities either at work or recreationally.
- Good (Preferred). To qualify for preferred rates you must be in excellent overall health and not engaged in any hazardous activities.
- Fair (Regular Plus).. Regular Plus includes people who have had some minor health issues. For example, someone with elevated cholesterol levels or who is overweight.
- Fair (Regular). This class is for people with manageable health problems.
- Can I get life insurance if I have bad health?
- Yes. You will pay a somewhat higher premium for it, but you can get life insurance. Because of the current competiveness in the industry, besides being cheaper, companies are competing to offer affordable products for people with specific risks - such as offering reasonable rates to people who smoke or require medications to control cholesterol, blood pressure or other health problems. Contact a QualityTermLife advisor who can help you get the most affordable coverage.
- Will my weight affect my life insurance rate?
- Yes. If you are normal weight for your height you will the best rate. Insurance companies factor in your height and weight proportions when calculating your health class and premium.
The reason we ask you to enter your height and weight in our quote search form, is so that the quotes you see are the most accurate for people of your height and weight.
- Why do you ask about tobacco use?
Smokers defintely pay a higher premium for life insurance. However, some insurance companies charge less for tobacco use than others, which is a good reason to work with a company like QualityTermLife that represents a wide variety of insurers.
The good news is: A high cost life insurance policy because of tobacco use can be lowered after you quit tobacco for one or more years. If you have done that, just let us know and in most cases we can work with the insurer to get you a lower rate.
About the Application Process
- What steps do I take to get a policy?
- It's simple, as 1, 2, 3.
- Use our policy quoting engine to get quotes on term life insurance products from over a hundred top companies.
- Click the "Select" button for the quoted policy you are have selected, and send us the Request Application form.
- Complete and sign the application required by the insurance company. In most cases, this can be done entirely online! That's it!
What follows will be a short medical exam in your home or office (at no cost to you), approval of your application by the life insurance company, and then payment of the initial premium.
- How long does will it take to get a policy?
- Typically, it takes 3-7 weeks after your application is submitted to the insurer to deliver the policy to you.
- Do I have to take a medical exam?
Yes. Nearly all companies require applicants to take a brief medical exam, which includes blood and urine samples. The exam is at no cost to you and takes place at your home or office when it's convenient for you. It usually takes less than 20 minutes.
In most states, we also offer a no medical exam policy. The trade-off is that while many people with poor health can qualify, the cost for the coverage is significantly higher. Contact us if you would like more information about a No Medical Exam policies.
After You Have Received Your Policy
- How does the Money-back Guarantee work?
- Also know as a "free-look" period, you have 10 - 30 days (depending on your state) to decide to cancel the policy for a full refund - no questions asked.
- How often should I review my life insurance policy?
- Generally, when major life events occur:
- Birth of a child
- Adoption of a child
- Buying a home
- Starting a business
- Taking out a large loan
- Leaving a job and losing insurance benefits
- You bought insurance when you smoked and have now quit for more than one year
- You have a high premium on a policy because of health or high-risk activities at the time you first purchased it, but your situation has since improved
- What do I do when someone dies?
A family member's death can be difficult. Know that you should ever have to collect on your loved one's life insurance policy, we will be there for you throughout the process.
We can help:
- explain the claims process
- provide the contact information for your provider for filing a claim
- help you decide on the best distribution option